1. What are online modules?
short courses available via a secure platform on the internet (approx 1-3 hours depending on the content and how fast you work). They are designed to help you find out about a particular job role, update your knowledge, or support you towards taking a relevant qualification. You will need a device and an internet connection to access them.
2. How do they work?
Once you have made your purchase, you will be sent a password to access them. The modules include text, animations (narrated by me), videos, downloadable resources, activities, a quiz, and a reading & website list. You can work at your own pace, and stop and start when you wish (within a three month period).
3. How much do they cost?
Each module is just £18 and if you wish to purchase all the modules in a particular subject area, you get 10% off for buying in advance.
4. What subjects are available?
Teaching and training, assessment, internal quality assurance and external quality assurance are all subject areas which are available. Each subject area includes several topics for you to choose from
5. Do I have to access all the modules in a subject area?
No, you only need take the modules for a particular topic you are interested in.
6. What are the benefits of taking an online module?You will gain up to date knowledge regarding various topic areas; for your own understanding or to help towards taking a qualification. You can join an exclusive LinkedIn group to keep in touch with other past and present participants, to ask questions and gain relevant advice.
7. Can I see some feedback from other people who have taken them?
Yes, click here. You can also leave feedback via this page if you purchase a module.
8. My employer wants me to take some CPD, if I take one or more of the online modules, will I get a certificate?
You will receive a record of achievement upon completion, which you can download and/or print.
9. If I start a module and I don't finish it, can I go back to it?
Yes, you have three months' access.
10. I'm taking a qualification and I feel I need to know a lot more before I am assessed. Will the modules help me?
Yes, just choose the relevant topic areas within the qualification you are taking. All the content of the modules has been mapped to the qualification to ensure all aspects have been covered. However, it's up to you and your assessor to ensure you are ready for assessment. You can download a document showing how the content of the qualifications maps to the online modules on each subject page.
11. What is the difference between an online module and the learner and staff packages?
The online modules are designed as continuing professional development (CPD) for existing practitioners who would like to update their knowledge and understanding. One or more topics can be taken on a 'pay as you go' basis. The learner packages are for centres who wish to offer a full online course to their learners. The staff packages are for organisations who wish to put several staff through a few different online modules for CPD purposes.
12. I am a centre and I would like my learners to work through the modules - can I get a discount?
Yes, see details here of the learner packages.
13. I work for an organisation and we would like to put several of our staff through the modules as CPD - can I get a discount?Yes, see details here of the staff packages.
14. I notice that all the content of a qualification is covered within the bulk pack of modules, but I'm only taking a few units. Why is this?
If you are working towards a qualification, it's the assessments with your centre which will differentiate for the relevant units you are taking. The content will be assessed in different ways, for example; assignments and observations. It will also be assessed at different levels, for example; level 4 and above will include written work which should be in an academic style with the use of relevant referencing. Your assessor will be able to talk you through this. If you are only taking a few units, you don't have to purchase the bulk pack, you can just purchase the modules which relate to the topics you need.
15. What are the restrictions on the use of the free downloadable resources?
You can see the terms and conditions here.If your question isn't listed above, just contact me.