1. What are 'online modules'?
They are short online courses for various topics, available via a secure website platform. They are accessed via a suitable device and an internet connection. Each module will take approx 1-3 hours depending on the content and how fast you work.
Please note: the modules do not lead to a qualification, but you will receive a record of achievement to document your CPD.
They are designed to help you find out about a particular job role, update your knowledge, or support you towards taking a relevant qualification or an apprenticeship. They are a collaboration between myself and KMF Training and Consultancy Ltd.
2. How do they work?
Once you have made your purchase, you will be sent a password to access your online module/s. The modules include text, animations (narrated by me), videos, downloadable resources, activities, a quiz, and a reading & website list. You can work at your own pace, and stop and start when you wish (within a three month period).
3. How much do they cost?
Each module is just £18 and if you wish to purchase all the modules in a particular subject area, you will receive 10% off for buying in advance.
4. What subjects are available?
Teaching and training, assessment, end-point assessment, internal quality assurance and external quality assurance are all subject areas which are available as CPD. Each subject area includes several topics for you to choose from. Please note: they do not lead to a qualification, but you will receive a record of achievement to document your CPD.
5. Do I have
to purchase all the modules in a subject area; for example, teaching & training?
No, you only need to purchase the modules for a particular topic you are interested in.
6. What are the benefits of taking an online module?
You will gain up to date
knowledge regarding various topic areas; for your own understanding, or to help
towards taking a qualification
or an apprenticeship. You can join an exclusive LinkedIn group to
keep in touch with other past and present participants, to ask questions and to gain
relevant advice. You will receive an electronic record of achievement.
7. Can I see some feedback from other people who have taken them?
Yes, click here. You can also leave feedback via the same page if you have taken a module.
8. My employer wants me to take some CPD. If I take one or more of the online modules, will I get a certificate?
You will receive a record of achievement upon completion, which you can download and/or print. The record demonstrates that you have carried out a particular unit for CPD purposes, it is not a certificate for a qualification.
9. If I start a module and I don't finish it, can I go back to it?
Yes, you have three months' access.
10. I'm taking a qualification with an organisation but I feel I need to know a lot more information before I am assessed. Will the modules help me?
Yes, just choose the relevant topic areas for the qualification you are taking; for example, teaching & training. The content of the modules has been mapped to the qualification to ensure all aspects have been covered. However, it's up to you and your assessor to ensure you are ready for assessment. You can download a document showing how the content of the qualification maps to the online modules, on each subject page.
11. What is the difference between an online module, and the learner and staff packages?
The online modules are designed as continuing professional development (CPD) for existing practitioners who would like to update their knowledge. One or more topics can be taken on a 'pay as you go' basis. The learner packages are for centres who wish to offer a full online course to their learners. The staff packages are for organisations who wish to put several staff through a few different online modules for CPD purposes.
12. I am a centre and I would like my learners to work through the modules - can I get a discount?
Yes, see details here of the learner packages.
13. I work for an organisation and we would like to put several of our staff through the modules as CPD - can I get a discount?
Yes, see details here of the staff packages.
14. I notice that all the content of a qualification is covered within a bulk pack of modules, but I'm only working towards a few units of it. Why is this?
If you are working towards a qualification, it's the assessments by your centre which will differentiate for the relevant units you are taking. The content will be assessed in different ways, for example; assignments and observations. It will also be assessed at different levels, for example; level 4 and above will include written work which should be in an academic style with the use of relevant referencing. Your assessor will be able to talk you through this. If you are only taking a few units, you don't have to purchase the bulk pack, you can just purchase the modules which relate to the topics you need to learn more about.
15. What are the restrictions on the use of the free downloadable resources, and of the CPD modules and courses?
You can see the terms and conditions here. The resources are for personal use only by the user, not by their centre or organisation. All CPD modules and courses are subject to KMFs terms and conditions.
16. Can I see a sample module before I buy?
Yes. You can view a shortened version of an IQA module by clicking here. You can also download sample images taken from all of the topic areas by clicking on the 'download' button in the section below.
If your question isn't listed above, just contact me.